We get a lot of questions from customers about how to paint your nails! Everyone wants to know the secrets on how to paint your nails for the longest lasting manicure.
It’s simple, but definitely all about processes and patience! Following these steps is going to ensure both a longer lasting manicure and better long-term nail health, which is crucial for longer, harder nails.
Contrary to popular belief, buffing your nails isn’t necessary. We tend to over-buff the nails, or use a buffer that is too coarse, which subsequently has the opposite effect to what we want! Over-buffing will only lead to weaker nails that snap more easily.
We’ve outlined the simple and foolproof steps to perfecting your manicure below. Don’t overthink it! As long as you have all the equipment, and time to sit down and relax while you paint, a perfect manicure is waiting for you!
- Start with clipping your nails. Evenly across all nails is best!
- File nails into your desired shape
- Remove old polish with our soy remover
- Ensure nails are clear of any remaining oils, by going over with a standard nail polish remover.
- Start with one thin layer of base coat. Allow base coat to air dry.
- Follow base coat with the first thin coat of colour (we used Olivia for this… starry eyes it’s that good!) . Start at the base of the nail and swipe down the middle of the nail. Follow this with two swipes on either side of the nail, from base to tip.
- Apply the second coat of colour, to develop the even and full coverage (use a third coat if you are after an even deeper colour).
- Let the colour air dry and seal the manicure with the top coat. This adds the amazing shine!
- Apply a single drop of cuticle oil to the base of each nail, and gently rub in to the cuticle.
All the products (excluding nail clippers and conventional remover), can be purchased together in our Gift Set (you even get to choose your favourite shade!). Happy manicuring!